Thursday, July 30, 2009

Dog Days? I Don't Think So!

Now, I'm not sure where that phrase, "dog days of summer" came from, and I'm not sure what it is supposed to mean. But I can tell you this, from a dog's point of view, that there haven't been many days this summer that were good or enjoyable for dogs. Actually, since summer was official on June 21, there have been NO "dog" days here. Just too darn hot, too darn dry.

Can't lounge in the sun out on the deck. I'd fry! Pug Fritters NOT appealing! Can't amble through the grass snurffling all the interesting scents. There is no grass. Somehow, ambling through stickly prickly pine needles just doesn't do it for me.

Pug Sigh.

Mom to the rescue. She's got me tuned in to Twitter and gets me all excited talking about the Tweeterwall contests, Puppia harnesses, bully sticks and all manner of conversational delights with the PugPack. Mostly I just listen, but by golly, sometimes a bit of her enthusiasm inspires me to do a Pugtona around the living room.

So maybe I Will survive the "anti-dog" days of this summer...with a little help from Mom, the internet and my PugPack friends!

Woof!

No comments: