Monday, June 15, 2009

The Competitive Edge

Cesar Millan would be proud of me. I am a calm submissive Pug. Happy to be with my humans, get along well with other animals...well, most of the time...sometimes Lucy the cat gets a bit pushy. Of course, it helps that I'm the "resident" Pug. I've been here the longest, so the others naturally give me respect. But that's beside the point. The point is that I'm really laid back and easy going.

Until...injustice...deceit...outright lies! Oh, I can get riled for a good reason! That happened last week. One of my Twitter pals was entered into a competition for "Top Animal Twitter." She asked for our Pug votes through Twitter & many of us responded. But guess what I discovered?? Several of those who were entered were NOT animals, but were humans using their pets as a cover! Why, one of the entrants didn't even OWN the animal they used as an avatar! And the clearly stated FIRST rule of the competition is that it is for animals, not for persons or groups.

I was livid with indignation! I growled for hours as I plumbed the depths of their corruption and found out they're all ganged up together! Naturally, I informed my own Tweeps about what was going on and in a general uprising we were able to promote my friend to the #3 spot & shut out the cheaters. Now, mind you, those cats in the #1 and #2 places are legit, so we have no quarrel there. Winning is nice, but it's not everything. What is really important is standing up for truth, justice and the Pug way!

Woof!

No comments: