Saturday, December 03, 2005

No Donuts today!

Bummer! Dad had to work this morning so I don't get my Saturday morning trip to town and that stop at the donut shop. I was bouncing around at his heels as he was heading for the door, but Mom picked me up and said I couldn't go today. Talk about a mood-squasher! Then Mom went off to town to do her monthly shopping gig with her friend Valerie. They talk on the phone a lot, so I know Valerie has a lot of dogs of the Italian Greyhound breed. Mom used to have those. In fact, it was after her 13 year old IG, Lacey (Ch. Pixie Lace of Willowmere) died in 1989 that Mom got her first Pug. I'm sure glad Mom picked out a Pug...although the way she tells the story, it was that Pug, Ms PoppyLu, that picked her. Interesting story, that...I'll tell it sometime. Mom bought doggie stuff, as usual, but today she got mostly chewies. She's taking Dr Neil's comments about our weight much too seriously, in my opinion. Dad's doing his annual Santa impersonation on weekends all this month, so he's not going to be getting a lot done on the house remodeling. Mom was hoping he and his helpful friends could get the "doggie door" installed so all us kids would have free access, but Dad hasn't got a round tuit, so it's not done yet. Dad really has a problem with those round tuits...he has so much to do but everything needs him to get a round tuit and that's not happening. Oooh...Dad just called Mom and he's on his way home...I missed the trip to the donut shop, but maybe I'll get to go to Home Depot!!! Gotta go help Mom check the building supplies list!!! Woof!

No comments: